Experienced LeadershipErnest F. Watts
It’s a world full of questions.
- Where do we find capable partners in markets where we’ve never been before?
- How do I get my partners in Argentina to work more efficiently?
- How do I capture market share from my competitor in Asia?
- Is China the right market for our business?
- How do I position my product in Europe?
- How can the world mean business for me?
We have the answers.
TRC Chicago consultants are former senior line executives with strong general management and business development backgrounds that are experienced in foreign business practices and the inter-cultural characteristics essential to success overseas.
Ernie is the President of TRC Chicago, LLC, the independent Chicago based affiliate of The Reilly Company.
Ernie’s entrepreneurial and international experience includes staff and management positions in footwear and apparel, packaging, sporting goods, recognition and affiliation, and commercial contracting. He has been directly responsible for strategic planning, sales, and marketing, P&L and ROCE targets, investment analysis, strategic alliances, M&A, contract negotiations and the development of cohesive, high-performance teams.
Ernie has worked in corporate environments including Fortune 50, publicly traded global companies as well as small, privately owned domestic businesses. Internationally, Ernie has worked and sold extensively in every major world market with significant experience in the emerging markets of Asia, Latin America and Africa. In each case, he has demonstrated a unique ability to focus on critical success factors and make the necessary connections between strategy and tactics to exceed profitability targets.
A list of Ernie’s relevant experience and accomplishments includes:
- VP, Business Development Latin America for a leading casual lifestyle footwear brand.
- Managing Director – National Accounts for a non-profit focused on mentoring and developing Latino professionals.
- President of key Chicago based subsidiary of a national commercial contractor.
- Vice President – International for an NYSE listed recognition and affiliation company.
- General Manager – Latin America/Africa for a major global sporting goods brand.
- Area Manager – International for a worldwide supplier of specialty film packaging.
- Leadership of multi-functional task teams on international development projects.
- Development of comprehensive guidelines and processes for international acquisitions and the negotiation of strategic partnerships.
- Direct management of international channels of distribution including the formation of wholly-owned subsidiaries, joint ventures, strategic alliances, licensees, independent third-party distributors and direct sales reps.
Ernie holds a business and marketing degree from Marquette University and earned his MBA in International Management from the Thunderbird School of Global Management. He spent four years living in Mexico City and is a fluent, non-native Spanish speaker with a working knowledge of Portuguese.
Ernie can be reached at:
TRC Chicago, LLC
LaGrange Park IL 60526
Let us put our skills to work for you.
Additional resources are available through our network of Global Advantage® executives and affiliates operating in over 40 countries worldwide.